KSES School Dress Code
Cheatham County School Board
Students shall dress and groom in a clean, neat and
modest manner so as not to distract or interfere with the operation
of the school.
More specific guidelines appropriate for each level of school
(elementary, middle, junior high and senior high) may be developed.
Principals, faculty members and students shall be involved in the
development of each appropriate set of guidelines.
When a student is attired in a manner which is likely to cause
disruption or interference with the operation of the school, the
principal shall take appropriate action, which may include
suspension and/or expulsion.
- Students are not allowed to wear shoes with wheels ("heelies",
- Students are not allowed to wear clothing advertising tobacco,
alcohol, drugs or other clothing deemed inappropriate by the
- Shoes must be worn by everyone entering the building
- Tennis shoes are needed for PE
- Halter tops, exposure of midriff or clothing with spaghetti straps
should not be worn.
- Shorts, skirts and dresses must come down to the fingertips,
when child is standing.
- Hats and caps are not to be worn in school (unless it is a
- No sagging or bagging clothes. The belt line of all garments
must fall at the hips. Clothing designed to be worn as
undergarments cannot be worn as outerwear. Undergarments
should not be visible.
If in doubt about the
appropriateness of an item or article of clothing, consult with the
principal before allowing your child to wear it to
Cheatham County School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or handicap in the operation of its educational programs and activities including employment practices.
Copyright © 2017 Kingston Springs Elementary School