School Dress Code
KSES School Dress Code
Cheatham County School Board Policy 6.310
Students shall dress and groom in a clean, neat and modest manner so as not to distract or interfere with the operation of the school.
More specific guidelines appropriate for each level of school (elementary, middle, junior high and senior high) may be developed. Principals, faculty members and students shall be involved in the development of each appropriate set of guidelines.
When a student is attired in a manner which is likely to cause disruption or interference with the operation of the school, the principal shall take appropriate action, which may include suspension and/or expulsion.
Kingston Springs Elementary:
- Students are not allowed to wear shoes with wheels ("heelies", etc.)
- Students are not allowed to wear clothing advertising tobacco, alcohol, drugs or other clothing deemed inappropriate by the principal.
- Shoes must be worn by everyone entering the building
- Tennis shoes are needed for PE class.
- Halter tops, exposure of midriff or clothing with spaghetti straps should not be worn.
- Shorts, skirts and dresses must come down to the fingertips, when child is standing.
- Hats and caps are not to be worn in school (unless it is a specific event).
- No sagging or bagging clothes. The belt line of all garments must fall at the hips. Clothing designed to be worn as undergarments cannot be worn as outerwear. Undergarments should not be visible.
If in doubt about the appropriateness of an item or article of clothing, consult with the principal before allowing your child to wear it to school.