Our School » About KSES

About KSES

About The School  


Image for Our History:


The first school building was a clapboard building constructed in the early 1900’s. It was built on a site in the center of town, on what is now Mt. Pleasant Road. One of our historic features, the school bell, was donated by local resident, Mr. Sam Ament. Residents recall the school bell ringing in the morning and afternoon. Mrs. Carrie Street, an early principal named our mascot “The Cardinals” because of her love of birds.  

During the 1948-1949 school year, the clapboard structure was removed and replaced with a new brick building which still stands today in downtown Kingston Springs. In the summer of 1990, the school moved to the new facility, which we are in now on West Kingston Springs Road. 

During the flood of May 2010, the inside of our building was completely flooded and destroyed.  Thanks to the generosity of the television show, School Pride, and the hard work and dedication of this community, we were able to reopen our doors in August to start the school year.  Thankfully the original bell was salvaged and restored after the 2010 flood. It is now placed in our front lobby.